November 7, 2011
Good and evil doesn’t have a grey zone. Killing and stealing is bad. Violence is never “good” or necessary unless it is used to defend against killers and thieves. Indeed, that is the morality behind the “just war” principle as defined by international laws and treaties.
Yet, this simple concept of right and wrong gets muddled by differing ideas about religion, patriotism, economics and many other divisions. The “just war” rule has crumbled under the ambitions of empires throughout history. The American-led Anglo Saxon empire is no different.
This empire has been brutally conquering and colonizing territory since the fall of Rome. However, it has only gained an American face in the last century. The United States quickly emerged as the world’s “superpower” primarily through its economic might. For some time, many believed the U.S. to be a shining example of economic freedom for other nations to emulate. Indeed, America was eager to promote “economic freedom” globally to open new markets for U.S.-based corporations.
When foreign leaders refused to allow these corporate interests into their country, those leaders were replaced through a variety of covert actions. The form of government that would be installed did not matter to the empire makers so long as the corporate interests were served. In most cases these nations simply surrendered to the seemingly unlimited power of the almighty dollar, thus camouflaging the traditional method of forceful empire building.
However, some nations, especially in the last two decades, remained stubborn and have refused to alter their banking systems while also shunning Western companies. Despite the empire’s best efforts to diplomatically bribe or sanction them into submission, they ultimately required an iron military fist to force their compliance. Until recently, military action remained the last resort. But now, preemptive military action seems to have become the preferred, and perhaps necessary, method to conquer the last resource-rich nations out of their grasp.
The empire’s populations cheered this strategy out of fear of being attacked by these rogue nations who never attacked or even threatened to attack them. In the fog of fear, killing and stealing became acceptable. In fact, detention without charges and even torture became acceptable in the former capital of freedom. America has determined that the means justifies the end — which is more power.
As with all empires, these “means” have become increasingly violent and destructive in the face of resistance. Yet, only a few more dominoes are left to knock over for America to complete a plan set in motion well before they were one of the colonies. That is unless, of course, other world powers break ranks and attempt to stop the conquerors, which could lead to a large scale conflict.
Regardless, when the dust settles and moral history is written, America and her Western cohorts will likely be viewed as the most brutal empire in history. Here are ten reasons why this is already the case:
1. Support of Dictators: For all the happy talk of spreading Democracy and protecting human rights, the empire has repeatedly not only supported dictators, but in many cases overthrew popularly elected leaders and replaced them with puppet tyrants. Examples range from secretly funding the Nazis, to installing the Shah in Iran, Pinochet in Chile, supporting Musharraf in Pakistan, and their everlasting love affair with the brutal Saudi royal family, to name a few. Actions speak louder than words to those who can navigate the storm of propaganda with a moral compass set to recognize good from evil. Dictators and freedom cannot coexist.
2. Preemptive Wars of Aggression: It could be said that all wars are preemptive in nature because so many entities benefit from war. Yet, even before America’s latest crusades, they covertly and surgically attacked countries that never threatened them. This allowed them to maintain the moral high road in the public’s eye while constructing the foundation of their empire. That was until the Bush Doctrine; the use of preemptive military action to confront possible threats was unofficially adopted to be the new foreign policy for combating terror. Since then, America has become the violent aggressors, having officially invaded two countries — Afghanistan and Iraq — without legitimate provocation. Violent aggressors have always been judged by history as evil. But it gets worse….
3. Torture: Torture has never been acceptable by those promoting a high moral standing in the global community. Nazis and Japanese soldiers were convicted and executed for engaging in the exact same torture techniques that America has redefined as ‘enhanced interrogation’. “I was just following orders,” was not a justifiable excuse for such inhumane behavior, much like it wasn’t a good enough defense for the low-ranking patsies who took the heat for the sinister Abu Ghraib torture scandal even though their actions were approved at the highest levels. Can state-sanctioned torture of prisoners held without charges ever be viewed as anything less than brutal?
4. Suppression of Dissent: All tyrannical regimes throughout history have suppressed homeland dissent. As government oppression grows bolder at home and abroad, more citizens will naturally express outrage, resulting in even more oppressive controls. This is happening in the United States through the all-seeing eye of the Department of Homeland Security with warrantless spying, arbitrary watch lists, citizen spy campaigns, and TSA molestation to travel anywhere. Additionally, in an attempt to squash free speech, they arbitrarily seize websites and violently confront peaceful protesters. Unfortunately, as awareness of the topics in this very article expands, the U.S. will likely become even bolder in their pursuit of stifling dissent. In other words, the worst is yet to come, and history will judge the U.S. as not quite the beacon of freedom they have pretended to be.
5. Elimination of Habeas Corpus: Say goodbye to the notion of being innocent until proven guilty, the right to face charges and your accuser, and the right to a free and fair trial.Habeas corpus, considered the only humane path to “which a prisoner can be released from unlawful detention,” has been eliminated for those vaguely labeled ‘enemy combatants’ of the empire. As Guantanamo prisoners rot under such pretenses, prominent lawmakers in the empire propose the exact same lack of rights for American citizens if they’re labeled an ‘enemy belligerent‘. Similar to the Spanish Inquisition, now you’re guilty until you’re tortured to admit your guilt. Can it get more evil? Why yes, it can. Read on.
6. Assassinating Citizens: That’s right. No judge, no jury, no conviction; just straight to execution. America has set another precedent in their tyrannical march toward empire when they openly assassinated an American citizen and government patsy, Anwar al-Awlaki, and his teenage son on the suspicion of terrorism. Paul Craig Roberts laments “Now the US government not only can seize a US citizen and confine him in prison for the rest of his life without ever presenting evidence and obtaining a conviction, but also can have him shot down in the street or blown up by a drone.” Isn’t this the reason America claims to be knocking off dictators around the world — the deliberate killing of their own citizens?
But Awlaki was a bad apple because the intelligence community said so. What’s most telling that America will continue this wickedness is that almost every US lawmaker turned a blind eye to the grotesque violation of Constitutional rights. Only Ron Paul said that assassinating an American citizen without charges is nothing less than an “impeachable offense”. Too bad most of the country cheered the Awlaki killing as a “victory” in the war on terror, indicating that it is now an acceptable tactic. Americans beware: you may be moved from a secret watch list to a secret kill list in this brutal empire.
7. Unauthorized Drone Wars: Unprovoked wars without authorization, accountability, or independent oversight only seem to be escalating; and with little resistance. The US Congress no longer votes to “declare war”. They simply give the Commander in Chief broad “authorization” to use force against specific nations. However, even that is not broad enough in the rapid pursuit of empire. Now, joystick warriors directed by the CIA and Pentagon have targeted at least three countries with “unauthorized” military strikes; Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia. Even worse, they waged a full-scale war for regime change and resource plundering in Libya without any authority inside the United States. Under the NATO flag, which is 75% funded by the U.S., they flew over 9200 strike sorties in Libya to illegally topple Gaddafi. Drunk with success, the bloodthirsty empire marches on to their next preemptive targets, Syria and Iran. Quick morality check: unprovoked killing and stealing as a first resort is still wrong, right?
8. Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction: How ironic that the world’s policeman for weapons of mass destruction is the only one to use them on a mass scale. The United States is on record using chemical, biological and even nuclear weapons. From the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WWII, to Monsanto’s Agent Orange in Vietnam, to thedepleted uranium used in Afghanistan and Iraq, America only condemns itself when speaking about the evils of WMDs. However, killers don’t appear to care how the killing is accomplished, so long as it achieves their goals. The real firecrackers will likely be brought out in a confrontation with Iran, or if China and Russia are lured into the conflict. It won’t really matter much what history says if the use of WMD escalates by either side, but the aggressors should rightly be blamed for the ensuing scorched earth, while the defenders against killers and thieves should be viewed as righteous.
9. World’s Largest Drug Dealer: The American empire is the largest drug dealer in the world? Say it isn’t so. Well, in addition to forcing legal drugs and genetically modified organisms on nations, usually under the cover of foreign aid, America also leads in the illegal drug trade. In fact, many researchers reveal that the war on drugs is only utilized to control and monopolize the illicit drug trade. The US government has been caught multiple timesshipping in cocaine, colluding with certain cartels to control the industry, and now openlyprotects and transports opium from Afghanistan. In fact, Global Research points out that in 2001, “according to UN figures, opium production had fallen to 185 tons. Immediately following the October 2001 US led invasion, production increased dramatically, regaining its historical levels.” This month, the U.N. announced that Afghanistan now provides 93% of the world’s opium production; up 61% compared to 2010 to a whopping 5800 tonnes. Although the empire tries to keep it secret, they can’t hide the hypocrisy forever.
10. World Reserve Currency Prison: Although using Weapons of Mass Debt is a non-violent form of expanding the empire, it’s perhaps the most brutal and effective form of control. Requiring foreign nations to purchase oil and other imported commodities with US dollars wields immense power. Because all nations must acquire dollars to purchase critical resources, they quickly become indebted to the US Federal Reserve, their affiliate central banks, and the IMF. Before long, the entire world is colonized by debt. It seems that only the nations that don’t need or refuse credit from Western banking institutions are the ones in danger of facing the wrath of the imperial war machine. Incidentally, most oil-rich nations in the Middle East have outlawed usury (lending money with interest), making them impossible to conquer diplomatically through debt. Controlling the world reserve currency means controlling the tap of life itself, which is a dangerous weapon in the hands of an aggressive empire. Debt is the ultimate WMD the empire uses to enslave the world, which leaves dissidents with two clear choices: slavery or death.
Although this empire is infinitely more powerful than Rome was, it will likely suffer the same fate. For every negative action the empire commits, there’s an equal and opposite good reaction. And the goodness of humanity will always defeat tyranny when it goes too far. However, an empire with so much to lose will go down swinging and slinging every weapon in its arsenal, thus putting the final stamp on their status as most brutal empire in history.
70 Reasons To Mourn For America
Every single year, Americans take the day off on July 4th and they celebrate everything that is good about America. We tend to be very proud of our achievements and we generally are not shy about talking about them. For example, today CNN is running a piece entitled “100 great things about America“. And you know what? There are a lot of great things about this country. I am not afraid to say that I love America. In many ways it has been a great light for the rest of the world since it was founded. However, things have changed. The United States has greatly fallen from where it once was. The truth is that America is rotting and decaying in thousands of different ways. We need to repent and go back to doing the things that once made this country great. The road that we are currently on is a path that leads to national suicide. So to be honest now is not really the time for happy celebrations. Rather, now is the time for weeping, mourning and deep reflection. We need to turn from our profligate ways and we need to return to the fundamental principles that the early Americans understood so well. As a nation we need to look into the mirror and understand just how bad our decline has been. We are a complete and total mess, and it is time to admit that.
The following are 70 reasons to mourn for America….
1. Most Americans know much more about Kim Kardashian than they do about the Federal Reserve.
2. The way that the TSA abuses travelers is a national embarrassment. One TSA agent recently sifted her finger through the ashes of someone’s dead grandfather and then spilled his ashes all over the airport floor.
3. Many young people in America are willing to wait in line to pay a 400% markup on new Kanye West sneakers, but most of those same young people cannot even tell you how many members of Congress there are.
4. Many Americans seem to be far more interested in American Idol and Dancing With The Stars than they are in dealing with the very serious economic, political and moral problems facing this nation.
5. A recent survey found that 61 percent of all Americans believe that “paying your fair share of taxes” is being patriotic.
6. We currently have the worst president in U.S. history, and there is a chance that we may have to endure another 4 years of his insanity.
7. We have a Supreme Court that appears to have very little respect for the U.S. Constitution.
8. The financial center of our country, Wall Street, is full of psychopaths.
10. The highways of America are rapidly being turned into a high tech prison grid.
11. American children today are very spoiled, very undisciplined and most of them wouldn’t know a day of hard work if it came up and bit them on the behind.
12. Today, approximately 25 million American adults are still living with their parents.
14. Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese. Mexico is in second place.
15. According to one recent survey, only 25 percent of all Americans have 6 months of emergency savings stored up.
16. The United States leads the world in credit card fraud.
17. You know that things are bad in America when even the U.S. Secret Service has developed “an Animal House reputation” for partying wildly while guarding Barack Obama during his vacations on Martha’s Vineyard.
18. In many areas of the country crime is getting worse and thieves are stealing just about anything that is not bolted down.
19. One recent poll found that only 70 percent of Americans agree with the Declaration of Independence.
20. The average American watches 28 hours of television every week.
21. There are more school shootings in America than anywhere else in the world.
22. Authorities are warning that ATM thefts are on the rise again.
23. Incredibly, 85 percent of the stuff sold at the biggest retailer in the United States is made outside of the country.
24. The average American drinks more than 600 sodas every single year. That is by far the most in the world.
25. The United States has the most lawyers per capita in the entire world.
26. Approximately 50 million babies have been slaughtered in hospitals and abortion clinics in America since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.
27. The media is now trying to convince us that killing off our elderly grandparents when they get sick is the “right thing” to do.
28. According to one survey, 50 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 cannot find the state of New York on a blank map.
29. Americans take more prescription drugs than anyone else on the planet.
30. The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.
31. The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use in the entire world.
32. Faith in almost every major American institution is near an all-time low.
34. Our food is rapidly being transformed into absolute garbage. As I wrote about the other day, at this point more than 70 percent of all processed foods sold in the U.S. contain at least one ingredient that has been genetically modified.
35. More people have been diagnosed with mental disorders in America than anywhere else on earth.
37. Our public schools have become horribly repressive indoctrination centers.
38. The United States produces more pornography by far than any other nation in the world does.
40. The United States has the highest divorce rate in the world by a very wide margin.
41. American families are rapidly getting poorer. According to the Federal Reserve, the median net worth of families in the United States declined “from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010“.
42. According to one study, one out of every four teen girls in the United States has at least one sexually transmitted disease.
43. The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate on the entire globe.
44. The United States leads the world in eating disorder deaths.
45. Nobody has more airport security thugs groping women and children than America does.
46. Many Republicans still believe that George W. Bush was a “conservative” and that he was a “good president”.
47. The Obama administration is considering plans to unilaterally slash the size of the U.S. nuclear arsenal by up to 80 percent.
48. The United States has the most complicated tax system on the entire planet.
49. All over the United States, chaplains are being banned from praying in the name of Jesus.
50. The United States exports more arms to other countries than anyone else in the world.
51. The United States has the highest child abuse death rate on the entire globe.
52. Every single year, the United States has the largest trade deficit in the world by far.
53. The United States was once ranked #1 in the world in GDP per capita. Today we have slipped to #12.
54. One of the most popular movies in America right now is about men dancing around and taking their clothes off.
55. Americans spend more time sitting in traffic than anyone else in the world.
56. According to Forbes, the 400 wealthiest Americans now have more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans combined.
57. The percentage of Americans that consider the Bible to be important continues to fall.
58. Some schools in America have decided to start using RFID tracking chips to monitor the movement of their students.
59. Society is starting to collapse all around us and it seems like the number of psychos in America is multiplying.
60. The poverty rate for children living in the United States is now 22 percent.
61. Nobody in the world gets more plastic surgery done than Americans do.
62. Many young people in America today are not afraid to viciously verbally abuse those that are elderly.
64. The U.S. government wastes more money than any other government on earth does by far.
65. All over America, people are being attacked by mobs simply because of the color of their skin.
66. Today, the United States actually has a higher percentage of workers doing low wage work than any other major industrialized nation does.
67. America has pushed God out of every corner of public life and now we are really starting to really feel the consequences of that.
68. In Colorado, many people returned home after the recent wildfires only to find that their homes had been looted.
69. There is more hate and division in America today than at any other time in recent memory.
70. The U.S. national debt is rapidly approaching 16 trillion dollars and the total amount of debt in the country is rapidly approaching 55 trillion dollars.
So what do you think about the current state of America?
Please feel free to post a comment with your opinion below….